Wednesday 18 April 2012

COMPENDIUM OF CURIOSITIES VOL 2 - TECHNIQUE 1, CUSTOM FOAM STAMPS

Having already entered Linda's challenge this week, I was surprised at the comments I received as they were negative.  I couldn't understand why until I went through all the other entries and saw that none of them had used the technique I had, DER!!! I read foam stamps as felt stamps and thought, I've just done that on Tim's Creative Chemistry 101 so I can use the same stamp. Can you see where I am coming from yet? Non clever me didn't even bother to look at page 66 in the Compendium of Curiosities Vol 2, which is our challenge page, so today, I am washing egg off my face. I have emailed Linda and asked her to remove my entry because I obviously now realise it doesn't conform to the rules. When will I ever learn!!!
I hope this card will be correct:
Materials used:
Compendium of Curiosities Vol 2
Lost and Found papers
Alteration strip dies, Autumn gatherings, Festive Greenery, Tattered Flower Garland
Alterations on the Edge die, Butterflight
Speciality stamping paper
Distress inks, Barn Door, rusty Hinge, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogony, Dusty Concord. Tumbled Glass,
Multi Matt Medium
Visual Artistry stamps, Regal Flourish
Vagabond
Packaging from Idea-ology
Idea-ology ruler
Tonic Scissors

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Joanne, you're a trooper, making TWO gorgeous works of art this week! I'm so glad you had time to go back and do the challenge (and do hold on to that first card-- chances are, you'll be able to link it to a different CC2C challenge in the coming weeks.

This card is lovely!

Ann said...

Gorgeous card....very pretty!!
Hugs, Ann xx