Monday 11 January 2016

A SEWING AFTERNOON

Decided to get my sewing machine out today. I have so many projects ready to sew and lots of luscious material to prep for other projects still in my head. Just look at all this.
Eclectic Elements fat quarters. 
I hope to make a rag throw with it and the plan is not to waste any!
I made a few things as Xmas presents but don't appear to have taken photos. My step son is a biker and I found some fab material so I made him a bed quilt and pillow cases. These are a couple of the other things I made.
This is a 'squashy' cushion.
A tote bag to save a few pence on plastic carriers.
A little thread catcher which can be used for anything. 
I had a lot of fun making these items but am now on with another throw, this time for the garden benches. I'm using all the scraps left over from the cushions I made last year. A long way to go with this project though.
That's it for today. The light has gone and - it's raining again!!! 

1 comment:

Barb said...

The fat quarters are absolutely gorgeous. I look forward to seeing what you make with them. The cat looks so cute. Love that little face.

I keep my tote bag in my handbag and use it often. I used it yesterday on a trip out to a craft place with the girlies and the little thread catcher is on the table with my computer. I use it to put pretty stamps in when I open the post so that is always regularly in use. It's really fun using something so pretty all the time and I think of you whenever I use it.
Hugs,
Barbxx