Tuesday 19 January 2016

I NEED A BUTTON

The little rag bag is finished except for a button. The one I put aside to use is too small so next time I go out, which will be tomorrow, I'll get one.
I left off yesterday having sewn the straps etc together.
The next task was to turn them through the right way. I HATE that job.
A little bit of almost midnight oil plus a glass of, helped get the job done.
That was as far as I got last night. This morning was a 'fit a new bathroom sink tap' morning. Hubby got the job done quite quickly but obviously he needed my help!! Glad the water is back on plus the heating.
Once everything was cleaned up and tidy once more, I set to finishing the bag. First off, I plaited the straps.
Then the awkward bit of sewing them on and covering the ends with the little material patches.
All in all, it's not looking too bad so it will do for me. 

If you want to have a go at one for yourself, I followed the instructions in a little book called ' purses bags and more by Pearl Louise Krush, www.thimblecottage.com 

4 comments:

Nan G said...

Darn good looking rag bag! Makes me want to whip out my sewing machine....oh wait! I don't own one. So I'll just admire your awesome bag!

Barb said...


Fantastic! I Love it. Wonderful work Joanne. That must have been a real fete turning the handle pieces inside out. Barbxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Joanne! This really is fabulous - it looks so professional! Hugs, Chrisx

Joy said...

That's really lovely Joanne x