I've completed a bit more of my canvas and have to admit to finding it a bit scary today.
It looked an awful mess to begin with mainly because I didn't really know if I was applying the paint, gesso and re-inkers properly. I seemed to have a lot of harsh edges so in the end I resorted to softening them with my fingers!
I managed the first bit of painting ok.
and the black gesso seemed to go on just fine. However, here was my scary moment
I really really loved how vibrant the re-inker was, making the paint 'pop' off the canvas. I kept going and adding paint and re-inker until the canvas was covered.
This was the point when I considered starting another blank canvas because mine just didn't look anything like Karen's. But, I didn't and kept going.
Thank goodness I did, because the following steps in the tutorial brought the whole thing together and at the moment I am content with it. I am at the point of using Distress Markers to emphasis various areas. I may be some time so I'll get on with that and hopefully come back with more tomorrow.