Saturday 27 February 2016

A BIT FISHY

Had another go at the canvas and finished it this morning.

The base is a mixture of Distress Sprays, Adirondak Sprays, Perfect Pearl Sprays, Art Basics mica made into a spray and Dylusions Sprays. The underwater plants are cut with Tim Holtz Alterations Holiday Greens dies. The bubbles are Art Basics 3D gel through a Prima Bubbles Stencil. Those tiny shells are from Brixham in Devon held on with Art Basics soft gel and sprinkled with Beadazzles. All on a deep edge 6"x12" canvas.
I guess the sea would be bare without a fish or two, so I made a couple.

I saw something similar the other day but just can't remember where. The body is a Crazy Bird and I just drew the tail and stuck it on. I used lots of Distress Markers with a water brush to colour him. Have to thank Kassa for her amazing colouring tutorial.
Here is the finished canvas. Such fun.

3 comments:

Barb said...

It looks Fantastic Joanne. An absolutely beautiful canvas. The crazy bird fish is great. I love everything about it. Barbxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant!! What a fabulous texture and I love the way you altered the bird! Hugs, Chrisx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Very clever idea. Love your backdrop too. Tracy x