Saturday 20 February 2016

OUTSIDE THROW TIME AGAIN

I've spent quite some time these last 2 days working out my jelly roll stash to make a quilt from one of my books. It looks easy enough but patience will be my downfall. I really must keep that under control once I start that one. Just sourcing a bit more fabric. In the meantime, I decided to crack on once more with the throw for outside. I only have 2 more blocks to make so I'm getting there.
I've measured all the others and I find the best size I can square them up to is 11 1/4" giving me a sewn size of 10 3/4". Hark at me being so precise. You can see that no matter how careful I sew them they will be completely different!!!
Anyway, I'm determined to make them into something even if that just proves to be a mess....
I have 3 big pieces of wadding and the smallest will fit and that's even accounting for a good overlap to allow for quilting shrinkage.
Not sure how much fun I will have but I've got a stack of paracetamol at hand for the headaches it will cause and hubby has already taken himself off into his little den so he won't hear me cursing LOL
WATCH THIS SPACE.

No comments: