Friday 5 February 2016

NEARLY THERE

My workman has worked hard again today. Part of my worktop had 2 sets of tiles on it so one had to come off in order to level it out ready for the new tiles. Everything was sticky to say the least. 
I'm thrilled to bits with my new cupboard and glad I decided to raise the whole top because it looks 'proper' now.
Even my Artbasics heavy gesso came in handy to help hold down one of the old tiles which I'd re-stuck at the corner with Artbasics soft Matte gel.
Nice looking work area eh?
I got sent out for another shelf for my cupboard, which will be my sewing storage after all, but they don't sell them so I came back with a piece of laminated MDF which hubby cut to size. While I was out he mended the cupboard door under the boiler for me.
Not doing bad for a pensioner is he?? He does work hard when he gets going. It's that getting him going that's the problem - guess I'll be in trouble when he reads that.
So as I said, it's nearly there. I just have 2 boxes of envelopes to re-home and boxes by the dozen to re-arrange. Good days work done again.
Tomorrow we are going to finish his man cave. I say  we because I have to make a curtain fit below his workbench to cover the dryer when not in use. That could mean a bit of sewing for me.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Looks great x

Ann said...

Looks great x

Barb said...

It really is looking good Joanne. I think he really deserves some of your lovely curtains after all that hard work. Barbxx