Sunday 21 February 2016

I LOVE IT WHEN THINGS GO RIGHT

A good day sewing. I never thought that last year when I started to make patched blocks from the spare fabric after making cushions for outside, which by the way, we're all shapes and sizes, that today would see them actually looking ok.
I trimmed the life out of them at all hours of the past 2 days. The finished pre-sewn size was 11 1/4".
A bit of a daft patchwork size but I had been trying to achieve 12" squares when I started!!!!
Anyway, I had this pile of 12 blocks so planned the next stage.
The decision on the shashing colour was a joint effort. I have my own ideas but sometimes ask hubby for his because he has a good eye for colour. They need to 'pop' so cream it is.
I am so happy with it at this stage and will look good against the outside cushions.
I'm going to surround the outer edges in cream too having tried a few other options which didn't look right, then decide whether to surround the whole thing with another, but smaller, border then a larger one to finish off. 
So far so good. Who would have thought I could even do any of this last year when I started to teach myself a bit of patchwork. What I have learnt is - it's addictive.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful well done x

Ann said...

Beautiful well done x

Barb said...

And it all looks very beautiful too. Your hubby chose well. The cream really does make the other colour pop. You really do amaze me with the jobs you take on and always do it so well. Barbxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This looks fabulous Joanne! I would say that this looks nothing like someone had taught themselves - you have natural talent! Hugs, Chrisx